1. Kuzniecky RJ, Jaclson GD. Magnetic resonance imaging in epilepsy: Neuroimaging techniques. 2nd ed. New York: Elsevier; 2005.
2. Widdess-Walsh P, Diehl B, Najm I. Neuroimaging of focal cortical dysplasia. J Neuroimaging. 2006;16:185–96.
3. Guerrini R, Holthausen H, Pameggiani L, et al. Epilepsy and malformations of the cerebral cortex. Roger J, Bureau M, Dravet C, editors. Epilepticc syndromes in infancy, childhood and adolescence. 3rd Ed. London: John Libbey; 2002. p. 457–479.
4. Leventer RJ, Phelan EM, Coleman LT, et al. Clinical and imaging features of cortical malformations in childhood. Neurology. 1999;53:715–722.
5. Spreafico R, Tassi L. Cortical malformations. Stefan H, Theodre W H, editors. Handbook of clinical neurology vol 108(3rd series): Epilepsy part II. Amsterdam: Elsevier; 2012. p. 536–557.
7. Lee JH, Huynh M, Silhavy JL, et al. De novo somatic mutations in components of the PI3K-AKT3-mTOR pathway cause hemimegalencephaly. Nature Genet. 2012;44:941–5.
8. Barkovich AJ, Kuzniecky RJ, Jackson GD, et al. A developmental and genetic classification for malformations of cortical development. Neurology. 2005;65:1873–87.
9. Chassoux F, Devaux B, Landré E, et al. Stereoelectroencephalography in focal cortical dysplasia: a 3D approach to delineating the dysplastic cortex. Brain. 2000;123:1733–51.
10. Boonyapisit K, Najm I, Klem G, et al. Epileptogenicity of focal malformations due to abnormal cortical development: direct electrocorticographic-histopathologic correlations. Epilepsia. 2003;44:69–76.
11. Cepeda C, Hurst RS, Flores-Hernández J, et al. Morphological and electrophysiological characterization of abnormal cell types in pediatric cortical dysplasia. J Neurosci Res. 2003;72:472–86.
12. Mikuni N, Babb TL, Ying Z, et al. NMDA-receptors 1 and 2A/B coassembly increased in human epileptic focal cortical dysplasia. Epilepsia. 1999;40:1683–7.
13. Ying Z, Babb TL, Mikuni N. Selective coexpression of NMDAR2A/B and NMDAR1 subunit proteins in dysplastic neurons of human epileptic cortex. Exp Neurol. 1999;159:409–18.
14. White R, Hua Y, Scheithauer , et al. Selective alterations in glutamate and GABA receptor subunit mRNA expression in dysplastic neurons and giant cells of cortical tubers. Ann Neurol. 2001;49:67–78.
16. Tassi L, Colombo N, Garbelli R, et al. Focal cortical dysplasia: neuropathological subtypes, EEG, neuroimaging and surgical outcome. Brain. 2002;125:1719–32.
17. Palmini A, Najim I, Avanzini G, et al. Terminology and classification of the cortical dysplasia. Neurology. 2004;62:2–8.
19. Kim DW, Lee SK, Chu K, et al. Predictors of surgical outcome and pathologic considerations in focal cortical dysplasia. Neurology. 2009;72:211–216.
20. Kloss S, Pieper T, Pannek H, et al. Epilepsy surgery in children with focal cortical dysplasia (FCD): results of long-term seizure outcome. Neuropediatrics. 2002;33:21–6.
21. Cohen-Gadol AA, Ozduman K, Bronen RA, et al. Long-term outcome after epilepsy surgery for focal cortical dysplasia. J Neurosurg. 2004;101:55–65.
22. Krsek P, Maton B, Jayakar P, et al. Incomplete resection of focal cortical dysplasia is the main predictor of poor postsurgical outcome. Neurolory. 2009;72:217–23.
23. Kim DW, Kim S, Park S, et al. Comparison of MRI features and surgical outcome among the subtypes of focal cortical dysplasia. Seizure. 2012;21:789–94.
25. Lee SK, Lee SY, Kim KK, Hong KS, Lee DS, Chung CK. Surgical outcome and prognostic factors of cryptogenic neocortical epilepsy. Ann Neurol. 2005;58:525–32.
26. McGonigal A, Bartolomei F, Régis J, et al. Stereoelectroencephalography in presurgical assessment of MRI-negative epilepsy. Brain. 2007;130:3169–83.
27. Geier S, Bancaud J, Talairach J, Bonis A, Szikla G, Enjelvin M. The seizures of frontal lobe epilepsy. Neurology. 1977;27:951–8.
28. Chugani HT, Shewmon DA, Shields WD, et al. Surgery for intractable infantile spasms: neuroimaging perspectives. Epilepsia. 1993;34:764–771.
29. Duncan R, Biraben A, Patterson J, et al. Ictal single photon emission computed tomography in occipital lobe seizures. Epilepsia. 1997;38:839–43.
30. Henry TR, Babb TL, Engel J, Mazziotta JC, Phelps ME, Crandall PM. Hippocampal neuronal loss and regional hypometabolism in temporal lobe epilepsy. Ann Neurol. 1994;36:925–7.
31. Shields WD, Duchowny MS, Holmes GL. Surgically remediable syndromes of infancy and early childhood. Engel J, editor. Surgical treatment of the epilepsies. 2nd ed. New York: Raven Press; 1993. p. 35–48.
32. Williamson PD, Spencer DD, Spencer SS, Novelly RA, Mattson RH. Complex partial seizures of frontal lobe origin. Ann Neurol. 1985;18:497–504.
33. Hader WJ, Mackay M, Otsubo H, et al. Cortical dysplastic lesions in children with intractable epilepsy: role of complete resection. J Neurosurg. 2004;100:2 Suppl Pediatrics. 110–7.
34. Lerner JT, Salamon N, Hauptman JS, et al. Assessment and surgical outcomes for mild type I and severe type II cortical dysplasia: a critical review and the UCLA experience. Epilepsia. 2009;50:1310–35.
35. Park CK, Kim SK, Wang KC, et al. Surgical outcome and prognostic factors of pediatric epilepsy caused by cortical dysplasia. Childs Nerv Syst. 2006;22:586–92.
36. Alexandre V, Walz R, Bianchin MM, et al. Seizure outcome after surgery for epilepsy due to focal cortical dysplastic lesions. Seizure. 2006;420–7.
37. Gupta A, Raja S, Kotagal P, et al. Ictal SPECT in children with partial epilepsy due to focal cortical dysplasia. Pediatr Neurol. 2004;31:89–95.
38. Kim SK, Na DG, Byun HS, et al. Focal cortical dysplasia: comparison of MRI and FDG-PET. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2000;24:296–302.
39. Siegel AM, Cascino GD, Meyer FB, Marsh WR, Scheithauer BW, Sharbrough FW. Surgical outcome and predictive factors in adult patients with intractable epilepsy and focal cortical dysplasia. Acta Neurol Scand. 2006;113:65–71.
40. Yun CH, Les SK, Lee SY, et al. Prognostic factors in neocortical epilepsy surgery: multivariate analysis. Epilepsia. 2006;47:574–9.
41. Fauser S, Schulze-Bonhage A, Honegger J, et al. Focal cortical dysplasias: surgical outcome in 67 patients in relation to histological subtypes and dual pathology. Brain. 2004;127:2406–18.
43. Britton JW, Cascino GD, Sharbrough FW, Kelly PJ. Low-grade glial neoplasms and intractable partial epilepsy: efficacy of surgical treatment. Epilepsia. 1994;35:1130–5.
44. Jeong SW, Lee SK, Hong KS, Kim KK, Chung CK, Kim H. Prognostic factors for the surgery for mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: longitudinal analysis. Epilepsia. 2005;46:1273–9.
45. Chung CK, Lee SK, Kim KJ. Surgical outcome of epilepsy caused by cortical dysplasia. Epilepsia. 2005;46:Suppl 1. 25–9.
46. Sisodiya SM, Free SL, Stevens JM, Fish DR, Shorvon SD. Widespread cerebral structural changes in patients with cortical dysgenesis and epilepsy. Brain. 1995;118:1039–50.
47. Kim DW, Kim HK, Lee SK, et al. Extent of neocortical resection and surgical outcome of epilepsy: Intracranial EEG analysis. Epilepsia. 2010;51:1010–7.
48. Hardiman O, Burke T, Phillips J, et al. Microdysgenesis in resected temporal neocortex: incidence and clinical significance in focal epilepsy. Neurology. 1988;38:1041–7.