1. Malow BA, Bowers RJ, Lin X. Predictor of sleepiness in epilepsy patients. Sleep. 1997;20:1105–10.
2. Manni R, Tartara A. Evaluation of sleepiness in epilepsy. Clin Neurophysiol. 2000;111:Suppl 2. S111–4.
3. de Weerd A, de Haas S, Otte A, et al. Subjective sleep disturbance in patients with partial epilepsy: a questionnaire-based study on prevalence and impact on quality of life. Epilepsia. 2004;45:1397–404.
4. Khatami R, Zutter D, Siegel A, Mathis J, Donati F, Bassetti C. Sleep-wake habits and disorders in a series of 100 adult epilepsy patients-a prospective study. Seizure. 2006;15:299–306.
5. Vignatelli L, Bisulli F, Naldi I, et al. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness and subjective sleep quality in patients with nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy: a case control study. Epilepsia. 2006;47:Suppl 5. 73–7.
6. Al-Abri M, Al-Asmi A, Al-Shukairi A, et al. Frequency of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome among patients with epilepsy attending a tertiary neurology clinic. Oman Med J. 2015;30:31–5.
7. Manni R, Terzaghi M, Arbasino C, Sartori I, Galimberti CA, Tartara A. Obstructive sleep apnea in a clinical series of adult epilepsy patients: frequency and features of the comorbidity. Epilepsia. 2003;44:836–40.
8. Weathervax KJ, Lin X, Marzec ML, Malow BA. Obstructive sleep apnea in epilepsy patients: the sleep apnea scale of the sleep disorders questionnaire (SA-SDQ) is a useful screening instrument for obstructive sleep apnea in a disease-specific population. Sleep. 2003;4:517–21.
9. Sonka K, Juklickova M, Pretl M, Dostalova S, Horinek D, Nevsimalova S. Seizures in sleep apnea patients: occurrence and time distribution. Sb Lek. 2000;101:229–32.
10. Manni R, Terzaghi M. Comorbidity between epilepsy and sleep disorders. Epilepsy Res. 2010;90:171–7.
11. Grigg-Damberger MM, Ralls F. Sleep disorders in adults with epilepsy: past, present, and future directions. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2014;20:542–9.
12. Jenssen S, Gracely E, Mahmood T, Tracy JI, Sperling MR. Subjective somnolence relates mainly to depression among patients in a patients tertiary care epilepsy center. Epilepsy Behav. 2006;9:632–5.
13. Malow BA, Levy K, Maturen K, Bowes R. Obstructive sleep apnea is common in medically refractory epilepsy patients. Neurology. 2000;55:1002–7.
14. Berg AT, Berkovic SF, Brodie MJ, et al. Revised terminology and concepts for organization of seizures and epilepsies: report of the ILAE Commission on Classification and Terminology, 2005–2009. Epilepsia. 2010;51:676–85.
15. Vignatelli L, Plazzi G, Barbato A, et al. Italian version of the Epworth sleepiness scale: external validity. Neurol Sci. 2003;23:295–300.
16. Terzano MG, Parrino L, Cirignotta F, et al. Studio Morfeo: insomnia in primary care, a survey conducted of Italian population. Sleep Med. 2004;5:67–75.
17. Netzer NC, Stoohs RA, Netzer CM, Clark K, Strohl KP. Using the Berlin questionnaire to identify patients at risk for the sleep apnea syndrome. Ann Intern Med. 1999;131:485–91.
18. Vaughn BV, Miller MT, D’Cruz OF, Messenheimer J. Prevalence of sleep complaints in patients with epilepsy: application of the Epworth sleepiness scale. Sleep Res. 1996;25:453
19. Manni R, Terzaghi M. Comorbidity between epilepsy and sleep disorders. Epilepsy Res. 2010;90:171–7.
20. Cluydts R, De Valch E, Verstraeten E, Theys P. Daytime sleepiness and its evaluation. Sleep Med Rev. 2002;6:83–96.
21. Yildiz FG, Tezer FI, Saygi S. Temporal lobe epilepsy is a predisposing factor for sleep apnea: A questionnaire study in video-EEG monitoring unit. Epilepsy Behav. 2015;48:1–3.
22. Terzaghi M, Ghiotto N, Sances G, Rustioni V, Nappi G, Manni R. Episodic cluster headache: NREM prevalence of nocturnal attacks. Time to look beyond macrostructural analysis? Headache. 2010;50:1050–4.
23. Derry CP, Duncan S. Sleep and epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2013;26:394–404.