1. Babalola EO, Adebowale TO, Onifade P, Adelufosi AO. Prevalence and correlates of generalized anxiety disorder and depression among care-givers of children and adolescents with seizure disorders. J Behav Health. 2014;3:122–7.
2. Karakis I, Cole AJ, Montouris GD, San Luciano M, Meador KJ, Piperidou C. Caregiver burden in epilepsy: determinants and impact. Epilepsy Res Treat. 2014;2014:808421.
3. Awad AG, Voruganti LN. The burden of schizophrenia on caregivers: a review. Pharmacoeconomics. 2008;26:149–62.
4. Sales E. Family burden and quality of life. Qual Life Res. 2003;12: Suppl 1. 33–41.
5. Haug MR. Elderly patients, caregivers, and physicians: theory and research on health care triads. J Health Soc Behav. 1994;35:1–12.
6. Fisher RS, Cross JH, D’Souza C, et al. Instruction manual for the ILAE 2017 operational classification of seizure types. Epilepsia. 2017;58:531–42.
7. Bédard M, Molloy DW, Squire L, Dubois S, Lever JA, O’Donnell M. The Zarit Burden Interview: a new short version and screening version. Gerontologist. 2001;41:652–7.
8. Risal A, Manandhar K, Linde M, Koju R, Steiner TJ, Holen A. Reliability and validity of a nepali-language version of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS). Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ). 2015;13:115–24.
9. Rajabi-Mashhadi MT, Mashhadinejad H, Ebrahimzadeh MH, Golhasani- Keshtan F, Ebrahimi H, Zarei Z. The Zarit Caregiver Burden Interview Short Form (ZBI-12) in spouses of veterans with chronic spinal cord injury, validity and reliability of the persian version. Arch Bone Jt Surg. 2015;3:56–63.
11. Czyżewska P, Talarska D, Grabowska-Fudala B, Michalak M, Bączyk G. Feeling of care burden in parents looking after children with epilepsy. Epileptologia. 2011;19:91–7.
12. Abd El-Mouty SM, Salem NM. Burden and quality of life among care-givers to children with epilepsy. Am J Nurs Res. 2019;7:817–23.
13. Abbas Z, Elseed MA, Mohammed IN. The quality of life among Sudanese children with epilepsy and their care givers. Sudan J Paediatr. 2014;14:51–8.
15. Global South Development Magazine (GSDM). Poverty in Nepal: Causes and Consequences [Internet]. Kathmandu: GSDM; [cited 2019 Nov 3]. Available at: https://www.gsdmagazine.org/poverty-in-nepal-causes-consequences/.
16. Besag FM. Childhood epilepsy in relation to mental handicap and behavioural disorders. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2002;43:103–31.