1. Rugg-Gunn FJ, Stapley HB, editors. Epilepsy 2017 from bench to bedside: a practical guide to epilepsy. The Sixteenth Epilepsy Teaching Weekend. 2017. Sep. 23–24. Oxford, London: International League Against Epilepsy; c2017.
2. Worku D. Review article: epilepsy in ethiopia (P03.127). Neurology. 2013;80:7 Supplement. P03.127
3. World Health Organization (WHO). Epilepsy fact sheet [Internet]. Geneva: WHO; 2009. [cited 2019 Jun 20]. Available at : https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/epilepsy
5. World Health Organization (WHO). Epilepsy Fact sheet Updated Epilepsia Official Journal of the International League Against Epilepsy. Geneva: WHO; 2017.
7. Derek Y. Adherence to long - term therapies. WHO library cataloguing-in-publication data. Geneva: WHO; 2003.
8. Groenewegen A, Tofighy A, Ryvlin P, Steinhoff BJ, Dedeken P. Measures for improving treatment outcomes for patients with epilepsy--results from a large multinational patient-physician survey. Epilepsy Behav. 2014;34:58–67.
9. Hovinga CA, Asato MR, Manjunath R, et al. Association of non-adherence to antiepileptic drugs and seizures, quality of life, and productivity: survey of patients with epilepsy and physicians. Epilepsy Behav. 2008;13:316–22.
10. Kwan P, Schachter SC, Brodie MJ. Drug-resistant epilepsy. N Engl J Med. 2011;365:919–26.
11. Lhatoo SD, Sander JW. Cause-specific mortality in epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2005;46:Suppl 11. 36–39.
12. Faught RE, Weiner JR, Guérin A, Cunnington MC, Duh MS. Impact of nonadherence to antiepileptic drugs on health care utilization and costs: findings from the RANSOM study. Epilepsia. 2009;50:501–9.
13. Getachew H, Dekema NH, Awol SS, Abdi A, Mohammed MA. Medication adherence in epilepsy and potential risk factors associated with non adherence in tertiary care teaching hospital in southwest Ethiopia. Gaziantep Med J. 2014;20:59–65.
14. Tan X, Makmor Bakry M, Lau C, Tajarudin F, Raymond A. Factors affecting adherence to antiepileptic drugs therapy in Malaysia. Neurol Asia. 2015;20:235–41.
15. Maregu S, Reta K, Yigrem A, Negatu A. Prevalence and associated factors of antiepileptic drug non-adherence among epileptic patients attending at out patient department of Dilla University Referral Hospital, Dilla, Gedeo, SNNPR, Southern Ethiopia. IJBM. 2017;1:2
17. Ferrari CM, de Sousa RM, Castro LH. Factors associated with treatment non-adherence in patients with epilepsy in Brazil. Seizure. 2013;22:384–9.
18. Sweileh WM, Ihbesheh MS, Jarar IS, et al. Self-reported medication adherence and treatment satisfaction in patients with epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2011;21:301–5.
20. Luborsky P. Healping realation ship questioner, Principles of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy American Health. Ottawa: John Wiley & Sons, Inc; 1996.
23. Pedersini R, Vietri J. Comparison of the 4-item and 8-item Morisky Medication Adherence Scale in patients with type 2 diabetes. Value Health. 2014;17:A196
24. Ogundele DS, Dawodu DC. Adherence to anti-epileptic drugs at a tertiary health center in a developing country-a cross-sectional study. Int J Sci Res. 2012;2:329–31.
25. Safran DG, Taira DA, Rogers WH, Kosinski M, Ware JE, Tarlov AR. Linking primary care performance to outcomes of care. J Fam Pract. 1998;47:213–20.