1. Kumari P, Ram D, Haque Nizamie S, Goyal N. Stigma and quality of life in individuals with epilepsy: a preliminary report. Epilepsy Behav. 2009;15:358–61.
3. World Health Organization (WHO). Investing in mental health. Geneva: WHO; 2003.
5. Beghi E. The epidemiology of epilepsy. Neuroepidemiology. 2020;54:185–91.
7. GBD 2016 Epilepsy Collaborators. Global, regional, and national burden of epilepsy, 1990–2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Lancet Neurol. 2019;18:357–75.
9. Amudhan S, Gururaj G, Satishchandra P. Epilepsy in India II: impact, burden, and need for a multisectoral public health response. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2015;18:369–81.
11. Sharma SK, Sardana V, Maheshwari D, et al. Problems faced by married women with epilepsy in Indian Scenario: a hospital-based study. Int J Epilepsy. 2018;5:80–6.
12. Fawale MB, Owolabi MO, Ogunniyi A. Effects of seizure severity and seizure freedom on the health-related quality of life of an African population of people with epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2014;32:9–14.
13. Suurmeijer TP, Reuvekamp MF, Aldenkamp BP. Social functioning, psychological functioning, and quality of life in epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2001;42:1160–8.
14. Tran DS, Odermatt P, Singphuoangphet S, et al. Epilepsy in Laos: knowledge, attitudes, and practices in the community. Epilepsy Behav. 2007;10:565–70.
15. Fisher RS, Cross JH, French JA, et al. Operational classification of seizure types by the International League Against Epilepsy: position paper of the ILAE Commission for classification and terminology. Epilepsia. 2017;58:522–30.
16. Cramer JA, Perrine K, Devinsky O, Bryant-Comstock L, Meador K, Hermann B. Development and cross-cultural translations of a 31-item quality of life in epilepsy inventory. Epilepsia. 1998;39:81–8.
17. Fernandes PT, Salgado PC, Noronha AL, Sander JW, Li LM. Stigma scale of epilepsy: validation process. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2007;65:Suppl 1. 35–42.
18. Saadi A, Patenaude B, Nirola DK, et al. Quality of life in epilepsy in Bhutan. Seizure. 2016;39:44–8.
19. Alanis-Guevara I, Peña E, Corona T, López-Ayala T, López-Meza E, López-Gómez M. Sleep disturbances, socioeconomic status, and seizure control as main predictors of quality of life in epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2005;7:481–5.
21. Silva B, Canas-Simião H, Cordeiro S, Velosa A, Oliveira-Maia AJ, Barahona-Corréa JB. Determinants of quality of life in patients with drug-resistant focal epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2019;100:Pt A. 106525
24. Nagarathnam M, Shalini B, Vijayalakshmi V, Vengamma B, Latheef SAA. Predictors of quality of life among adolescents with epilepsy in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Neurol India. 2017;65:1019–24.
25. Taylor RS, Sander JW, Taylor RJ, Baker GA. Predictors of health-related quality of life and costs in adults with epilepsy: a systematic review. Epilepsia. 2011;52:2168–80.
26. Rakesh PS, Ramesh R, Rachel P, Chanda R, Satish N, Mohan VR. Quality of life among people with epilepsy: a cross-sectional study from rural southern India. Natl Med J India. 2012;25:261–4.
27. Kim MK. Marital prospects of people with epilepsy among Asians. Neurol Asia. 2007;12:13–14.
28. Herodes M, Oun A, Haldre S, Kaasik AE. Epilepsy in Estonia: a quality-of-life study. Epilepsia. 2001;42:1061–73.
29. Baker GA, Jacoby A, Buck D, Stalgis C, Monnet D. Quality of life of people with epilepsy: a European study. Epilepsia. 1997;38:353–62.
30. Guekht AB, Mitrokhina TV, Lebedeva AV, et al. Factors influencing on quality of life in people with epilepsy. Seizure. 2007;16:128–33.
31. George J, Kulkarni C, Sarma GRK. Antiepileptic drugs and quality of life in patients with epilepsy: a tertiary care hospital-based study. Value Health Reg Issues. 2015;6:1–6.
32. Mroueh L, Boumediene F, Jost J, et al. Quality of life and stigma in Lebanese people with epilepsy taking medication. Epilepsy Res. 2020;167:106437
33. Nagarathnam M, Vengamma B, Shalini B, Latheef S. Stigma and polytherapy: predictors of quality of life in patients with epilepsy from south India. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2017;20:233–241.
34. Sawant N, Kinra V. An Indian study on perceptions of patients of epilepsy and their family to stigma and its impact on quality of life. Am J Clin Neurol Neurosurgery. 2015;1:1–9.
36. Shi Y, Wang S, Ying J, et al. Correlates of perceived stigma for people living with epilepsy: a meta-analysis. Epilepsy Behav. 2017;70:Pt A. 198–203.
37. Giuliano L, Cicero CE, Padilla S, et al. Knowledge, stigma, and quality of life in epilepsy: results before and after a community-based epilepsy awareness program in rural Bolivia. Epilepsy Behav. 2019;92:90–7.
38. Adewumi T, Oladipo E, Adewuya AO. Public perception and attitude towards people living with epilepsy in Nigeria. Epilepsy Behav. 2020;106:107033
39. Lee HJ, Choi EK, Park HB, Yang SH. Risk and protective factors related to stigma among people with epilepsy: an integrative review. Epilepsy Behav. 2020;104:Pt A. 106908
40. Jacoby A, Baker GA. Quality-of-life trajectories in epilepsy: a review of the literature. Epilepsy Behav. 2008;12:557–71.