1. West WJ. On a peculiar form of infantile convulsions. Lancet. 1841;1:724–5.
2. Commission on Pediatric Epilepsy of the International League against Epilepsy. Workshop on infantile spasms. Epilepsia. 1992;33:195
4. Lux AL. Latest American and European updates on infantile spasms. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2013;13:334
5. Riikonen R, Donner M. Incidence and aetiology of infantile spasms from 1960 to 1976: a population study in Finland. Dev Med Child Neurol. 1979;21:333–43.
6. Riikonen R. Long-term outcome of patients with West syndrome. Brain Dev. 2001;23:683–7.
7. Lombroso CT. A prospective study of infantile spasms: clinical and therapeutic correlations. Epilepsia. 1983;24:135–58.
8. Koo B, Hwang PA, Logan WJ. Infantile spasms: outcome and prognostic factors of cryptogenic and symptomatic groups. Neurology. 1993;43:2322–7.
9. Fatema K, Rahman MM, Akhter S, Shefa J. ACTH versus vigabatrin as first line treatment for West syndrome-a prospective study. Eur Acad Res. 2017;5:3760–70.
10. Rahman MM, Rahman SM, Fatema K. Clinical features and treatment outcome of West syndrome patients treated in a tertiary care hospital: Bangladesh perspective. Eur Acad Res. 2018;6:2638–51.
11. Lux AL, Edwards SW, Hancock E, et al. The United Kingdom Infantile Spasms Study (UKISS) comparing hormone treatment with vigabatrin on developmental and epilepsy outcomes to age 14 months: a multicentre randomised trial. Lancet Neurol. 2005;4:712–7.
12. Wanigasinghe J, Arambepola C, Sri Ranganathan S, Sumanasena S, Attanapola G. Randomized, single-blind, parallel clinical trial on efficacy of oral prednisolone versus intramuscular corticotropin on immediate and continued spasm control in West syndrome. Pediatr Neurol. 2015;53:193–9.
13. Lux AL, Edwards SW, Hancock E, et al. The United Kingdom Infantile Spasms Study comparing vigabatrin with prednisolone or tetracosactide at 14 days: a multicentre, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2004;364:1773–8.
14. Mytinger JR, Quigg M, Taft WC, Buck ML, Rust RS. Outcomes in treatment of infantile spasms with pulse methylprednisolone. J Child Neurol. 2010;25:948–53.
15. Singhi P, Gupta A, Rajpurohoit M, Saini AG, Soni V. Efficacy of pulse methylprednisolone vs adrenocorticotrophic hormone in children with West syndrome: an open-label pilot trial. Eur J Pediatr Neurol. 2017;21:e39
16. O’Callaghan FJ, Edwards SW, Alber FD, et al. Safety and effectiveness of hormonal treatment versus hormonal treatment with vigabatrin for infantile spasms (ICISS): a randomised, multicentre, open-label trial. Lancet Neurol. 2017;16:33–42.
18. Dulac O. What is West syndrome? Brain Dev. 2001;23:447–52.
19. Nawaz S, Gajre MP, Adhikari A, Shagufta . West syndrome: clinic etiological profile, and response to treatment in Western India. Int J Contemp Pediatr. 2020;7:1367–72.
20. Kivity S, Lerman P, Ariel R, Danziger Y, Mimouni M, Shinnar S. Long-term cognitive outcomes of a cohort of children with cryptogenic infantile spasms treated with high-dose adrenocorticotropic hormone. Epilepsia. 2004;45:255–62.
21. Glaze DG, Hrachovy RA, Frost JD, Kellaway P, Zion TE. Prospective study of outcome of infants with infantile spasms treated during controlled studies of ACTH and prednisone. J Pediatr. 1988;112:389–96.
22. Hrachovy RA, Frost JD, Kellaway P, Zion TE. Double-blind study of ACTH vs prednisone therapy in infantile spasms. J Pediatr. 1983;103:641–5.
23. Baram TZ, Mitchell WG, Tournay A, Snead OC, Hanson RA, Horton EJ. High-dose corticotropin (ACTH) versus prednisone for infantile spasms: a prospective, randomized, blinded study. Pediatrics. 1996;97:375–9.
24. Hancock E, Osborne J. Treatment of infantile spasms with high-dose oral prednisolone. Dev Med Child Neurol. 1998;40:500
25. Iyer A, Appleton R. Improving outcomes in infantile spasms: role of pharmacotherapy. Paediatr Drugs. 2016;18:357–66.
27. Yeh HR, Kim MJ, Ko TS, Yum MS, You SJ. Short-term outcome of intravenous methylprednisolone pulse therapy in patients with infantile spasms. Pediatr Neurol. 2017;71:50–5.
28. Lagae L, Verhelst H, Ceulemans B, et al. Treatment and long term outcome in West syndrome: the clinical reality. A multicentre follow up study. Seizure. 2010;19:159–64.
29. Fatema K, Rahman MM, Akhter S, Saad T, Akter N, Begum S. Pattern of EEG change in infants with West syndrome: a retrospective study. Epilepsy Journal. 2018;4:130–4.
30. Akter N, Rahman MM, Akhter S, Fatema K. Neuroimaging findings as a predictor of choice of antiepileptic drugs for seizure control in West syndrome. Bangladesh J Child Health. 2018;42:9–14.